Physicians who specialize in treating high risk pregnancy, perinatologists, also known as maternal-fetal medicine specialists, offer advanced care in support of a healthy pregnancy. Their focus is on diagnosing, managing and reducing potential complications with innovative therapies.
About High Risk Pregnancy
Xổ số miền nam ba đàiA pregnancy may be considered high risk when there is a condition that increases the likelihood of preterm delivery or other complication. Many times, women are seen by a maternal-fetal medicine expert as a precaution to rule out birth defects and other possible problems.
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists assess risk factors, perform prenatal diagnostic tests and monitor fetal growth and development using state-of-the-art techniques and imaging technology.
The maternal-fetal specialists of Doylestown Health Prenatal Testing Center work collaboratively with our obstetricians. They may see a patient at the center a few times for diagnostic testing and consultation, or follow a woman throughout her entire pregnancy, always working hand-in-hand with the obstetrician.
- Advanced maternal age (35 and older)
- Concerns about fetal growth
- Evaluation of possible birth defects
- Genetic counseling and evaluation for risk of genetic disorders
- Multiple births
- Pre-existing medical conditions including heart disease, infectious disease, diabetes, polycystic ovary disease, thyroid disease and autoimmune disorders
- Pregnancy-related illnesses such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
- Prenatal consultation for high risk pregnancy
Xổ số miền nam ba đàiMaternal-fetal specialists offer therapies to help prevent pre-term delivery, and, in some cases, to repair or reduce the impact of birth defects though in-utero, fetal surgery.
- Craparo, Frank, MD
- Latta, Richard, MD
- Restrepo-Ormsby, Adriana, MD
- Rosenn, Marc, MD
- Smith, Stephen, MD